My passion for photography comes
hand in hand with my passion for cooking. When I first started food
photography, it was all meals I’ve made at home. Photography was a way to
document them to share with my family and friends. So when Hellmann’s asked me
to come up with 2 delicious recipes using their new product, Carefully
option that’s plant-based and made with non-GMO sourced
ingredients, I was happy to get back into the kitchen to slather up some
spread on my favourite sandwiches!
I love trying different cuisines and
the great thing about Hellmann’s Carefully Crafted is that it’s so versatile.
Being a fan of having a little ‘heat’ in my sandwiches, here are 2 recipes with
Lemongrass banh mi sandwich with sriracha spread
The perfect sandwich for your next spring picnic!
- 3 tbsp of Hellmann’s carefully crafted spread mixed with 1 tbsp of Sriracha sauce
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, shredded
- 2 green onions, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 baguettes
- fresh cilantro leaves
Pickled radish and Carrot:
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- 1 carrot, 1 daikon radish, and cucumber halved lengthwise and thinly sliced diagonally
Lemon grass chicken: In a food processor, purée lemongrass, ginger, green onions, garlic, honey, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, oil, pepper and 3 tbsp water. In bowl, pour lemongrass mixture over chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Pickled daikon radish and carrot: In bowl, whisk vinegar with honey. Add daikon and carrot; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 3 minutes before slicing.
Spread bottom halves of baguette with sriracha spread; top with chicken, cucumber, pickled carrot, daikon, and cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Canadian living
Fish burger with jalapeno spread
- 3 tbsp of Hellmann’s spread mixed with a dash of lime and bits of jalapeno
- cod, haddock, halibut or other firm white fish
- 2 buns (hamburger, ciabatta)
- 1 avocado
- pico de gallo (tomato, red onions, cilantro, lime, salt)
Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan the cook the fish for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden and cooked through.
Toast buns (optional), and slather the jalapeno spread on both sides (I like a lot of sauce!) Place fish on bottom, top with sliced avocados and pico de gallo
Recipe created in partnership with Hellmann’s. All views my own.